THE WORST PLACES TO RETIRE
Based upon finances
Think about the worst things that can happen to us. If you are thinking about retirement, one website that provides information on retirement communities – TopRetirements.com – has come up with its list of the top 10 worst places to retire…and California is #2!
Here’s the list and reasons why:
1. Illinois – poor finances likely to lead to new taxes, frigid winters
2. California – high cost of living, poor fiscal health
3. New York – extremely high taxes
4. Rhode Island – high taxes, poor fiscal health
5. New Jersey – highest property tax in the U.S.
6. Ohio – cold winters, high unemployment
7. Wisconsin – cold winters, high property taxes
8. Massachusetts – high cost of living and property taxes
9. Connecticut – high property taxes, taxes Social Security benefits
10. Nevada – foreclosure capital of the U.S.
While you will make your own decisions on the best place to retire, we can assist you with decisions on the best way to retire financially.